Digital Twin Road
The mobility of people and goods is a central basis of our modern society with increasingly global and diverse networked processes. In its present form, mobility, especially with regard to road traffic, is currently confronted with global challenges (durability, safety, efficiency, ecology, costs, automation etc.) that urgently require fundamental solutions.
Project Area A
In PA A, forward-looking approaches to physical model development (partial models), to the development of functionalized materials, and to the characterization and evaluation of the real object at the material and structural level (experiments, data acquisition, data transfer) are pursued.
Project Area B
In PA B, a modular concept for information processing, modeling and use is developed. Data from the vehicle, tires, environment and roadway are to be taken into account. One focus in PA B is the collection and fusion of geometric data and traffic data to describe the current state of the road.
Project Area C
In PA C, important connecting questions of fundamental research, which are superordinate to PAs A and B, will be examined successively over the duration of the SFB/TRR 339 and further levels of investigation will be opened up. The first research focus in PA C is the examination of the social aspects of the digital twin road.
Quantification of viscous and damage dissipationof bituminous binder and mastic using White-Metzner model
- International Journal of Pavement Engineering ·
- Taylor & Francis ·
- Fatigue; bitumen; mastic;non-linear viscoelasticity;White-Metzner model;viscous dissipation; damagedissipation; large amplitudeoscillatory shear; harmonicanalysis
- Computational Mechanics ·
- Springer ·
- Dynamic ALE formulation; Pavement design; Tire pavement interaction; Transient analysis
- IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV) ·
- IEEE ·
- Vehicle Localization; Pressure Sensitive Surface; Infrastructure Sensor; Tracking; Detection
The annual meeting, the fall conference, will take place near the location of Aachen this year. Here, all the project members will gather: the subproject leaders, researchers and associated members.
Do you have any questions?
Feel free to contact us!